Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Laughter

Laughter is the best medicine.  Don’t you love to laugh?  I find it one of the most enjoyable experiences that we can have as a human being.  Recently, I have been laughing a ton.  It all began at my friend’s house, but since them, I haven’t been able to control my laughter.  It isn’t just the “hehe” laughter, it’s the “you have to sit down because you’re laughing and crying and can’t breath” laughter. But I guess that’s a good thing.  Don’t you always hear about how you’ll live longer if you smile and laugh?      

There are certain stories, such as the chipmunk story from Mrs. Watts/McEwen’s class.  Even thinking about this makes me want to roll on the floor with in laughter.  Or the Eww story.  When you get with a bunch of friends or family, everything suddenly becomes funny.  If I told the last story I mentioned, you probably would only crack a smile, but to me, I find it hilarious.  The way it was told was the best part.  I can envision each person and their part in it.  At the Science Olympiad competition yesterday, my friend retold it to this other girl, and, once again, I had to sit down because I was laughing so much, but it didn’t seem funny to the other girl.

Don’t you love funny people?  These are some of my favorite people to hang out with.  Some how they can make a joke out of everything.  They’re the best when they can do it without having it be at someone else’s expense.  A joke doesn’t have to be mean or crude to be funny.  Those are the worst types of jokes.  It’s a guilty laugh when those jokes are told, because people know that they really aren’t funny.  To be laughed at, a joke just has to be able to make you smile.

They more personal, in a good way, a joke is, the funnier it is.  That is one reason I love inside jokes.  Everyone has these jokes, that they share with friends and family, which can be recalled with just one word.  They are generally something simple, but they are still very funny.  The only problem with “inside jokes” is they exclude people.  It’s an awkward experience to be in a group where everyone, besides you, knows the joke.  Plus, when you’re in this situation, no one ever wants to explain because they say it’ll wreck the comicness of the matter.  It’s great when people are willing to tell these great stories, though, and you’re always grateful to be caught up on the matter.  

Once again, I love to laugh.  It’s such a fun experience.  It’s great to be around those who have a quick laugh and a ready smile.  It makes life seem better, even though it is hard at times.  So, be willing to laugh.  Realize when something is genuinely funny, but avoid laughing at or making fun of people.  If you know a funny joke, tell it!  Lastly, just remember to get over your self-consciousness and smile!    

PS- I just remembered one of my favorite quotes.  It goes along with this quite well.  Here is it:
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own."
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Flamboyant Hobo Zombie Pirate Princess On Ice said…

    EEp. Ashlie comma Great Blog!!!

    Wee. This really was a good blog, it's so true. I was laughing so hard that night at Lori's house. I felt so great when I left! It's so nice having friends who dont have horrible dirty minds! Haha. Such a fun blog to read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home