Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sunday, January 22, 2006

KING KONG!!

King Kong is the best show I have seen this year!  Given, it is the only new movie I’ve seen this year, but it is still excellent.  I love the girl, named Anne, in it.  She’s smart, resilient, and quick on her feet, often literally.  I can’t believe how many times she keeps going, even after most people would’ve accepted that they’re dead.  This caused her to stay alive.  At some points she was close to death, and I had to remind myself that the main lady couldn’t be killed off.  

At one scene in this movie, there was a giant grasshopper.  It was DISGUSTING!  I hate grasshoppers in the first place, but this completely wrecked it for me.  I will never be able to look at those beady-eyed creatures again.  

This movie was excellently done.  It was long, 3 hours 7 minutes, but it didn’t seem that bad to me.  Peter Jackson, the director, doesn’t know how to make short films, though.  His Lord of the Rings movies are just another example of that.  I thought the actors played their parts perfectly.  I was impressed at how real they made Kong look.  I can only imagine the kinds of technology it would take to make this film.  

Okay, I know this isn’t exactly “honors caliber”, but I’m very excited about this movie.  It was amazing!!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger MRT said…

    Did you cry at the end of the movie? (Be honest!)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Just a little bit. It was really sad, but I thought they did a good job of "gently" letting it end. It could've been a lot more gruesome.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Bleargh, I hated it. If I hadn't been seeing it at the midnight showing and depended on the people with me to get home...I would have walked out.

    I've never been a huge fan of Peter Jackson (his versions of LotR really didn't deserve the Oscars...except for the scores. The scores were excellent), and King Kong was no exception. He could have cut an entire hour out of it with no loss what so ever. The whole part where she and the crew people ran around in a big circle and got eaten was pretty pointless.

    However poorly the movie was done, I have to hang my head and admit that I cried at the end. And my friends laughed at me for hating it but crying anyway. Stupid friends. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home