Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Friday, January 27, 2006

My Computer

I really shouldn’t be writing a blog right now, since I’m very angry, but I’m not sure what state my computer will be in tomorrow, so I’d better get this over with.  

I am very annoyed with my computer.  For all the talk of how simple technology is getting, it sure doesn’t seem like it.  My computer won’t do anything I want.  It’s slow.   All of my programs have a black background. My computer flips out if I’m running multiple programs at a time.  It takes forever to load anything, and it often won’t turn off unless I turn off the main power.  My computer freezes all of the time and is never helpful.  These are just a few of the reasons that I need to either a) delete everything on my computer or b) buy a new computer.

Another thing that’s killing me is the computer’s making me feel really dumb.  I can generally understand what’s going on with my computer.  Most of the time, I am able to fix whatever problem comes up.  But now, I have no idea what’s going on.  The things I usually check are telling me that nothing is wrong.  Something is wrong, though.  I know it is, and I don’t know how to fix it.  It’s a very frustrating experience, and I’m feeling that all these things I keep trying are going to no avail.  

My uncle gave me all of this software that were supposed to help us run some programs (we got this after the problems started, so don’t think they were the cause), but they could only open and run with versions older than the ones I have.  So, I decided to revert to the old ones, figuring that it wouldn’t matter that much.  It was a bad idea.  It didn’t do anything except make it so that some files (that I had no idea were connected!) wouldn’t open.  I eventually just had to reinstall my normal programs, after uninstalling all of the stuff I had just spent hours putting on.  Now I’m back to the same square, and I just want to give up.  It scares me to death to completely reboot the computer, but I think I’d feel worse if someone else did it, so that’ll be my project tomorrow.  It’s going to take me all day to do.  Uh!!  I just have to keep telling myself that it will be making it better, and that it is worth the time.  

Sorry, this is a really whiny, annoying, and uninteresting blog, but it made me feel better.  I’m not even sure if I’ll post it or leave it on.  If you are a super genius at computers (and you can tell right away what my problem is), please help me.  These problems are really killing me.  Thanks.  

3 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    You deserve a MacBook Pro for all of your troubles!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    *hugs Ashley* I'm sorry for all your computer problems.

    Your options are as follows:
    a) hire a computer geek to come try to fix it for an insane amount of money (and they can't always fix it)
    b) buy a new computer for an insane amount of money (always fixes it)
    c) reformat your hard drive (painful, nerve wracking and emotionally draining, but generally fixes it)
    d) live with the problem and go crazier by the day.

    Good luck. *more hugs*

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Oh yeah, and if you do choose to reformat, make sure you have copies of the programs on CD and that you've backed up all of your important files. When it's done, it will have gotten rid of the viruses, along with everything else saved/loaded. ^.^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home