Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Post-Nationals

Nationals was such an amazing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that everyone could be able to go because it’s so much fun.  This year, it was at Indiana University.  Getting there was very enjoyable, and I thought it was cool to see a part of the country that I had never seen before.  The university itself was very beautiful.  Everywhere you looked, you could see giant groups of tress.  These trees were so tall, and so green, and so lovely!  

The competition was great, too.  My team placed 18th (out of 60 schools), which is the second best Fairfield has ever done.  Last year, we placed 31, so we made a great improvement this year.  In my events, I really well, though I was disappointed that I did not get a medal.  My best event was experimental design.  My partners and I received 11th place.  One of my favorite parts of the trip was being with so many wonderful people.  I really began to love my team, and I’m going to miss them, when I move on next year.  We all became better friends, and everyone had a good time.  

While I was there, I went and saw practice runs at the Indy 500.  It was very cool.  I have never really gotten into NASCAR, but I can now understand why people enjoy it so much.  The track was amazing and really big, but the best part was the cars flying by.  These cars can sustain speeds of over 220 mph.  Going this fast makes them really loud, to the point that you can feel them going by.

I’m so glad that I was able to participate on the Science Olympiad team this year.  It was a great experience, especially the culminating event, Nationals.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home