Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nationals

Hurray!  I am leaving for my national trip in less than twelve hours.  I feel obligated to be writing this, though, because I doubt we will be home before midnight, on Sunday, and also because there is no way that I’m going to want to write it then.

I participate on the Science Olympiad team, and I love it!!  It’s a great experience.  It takes a lot of hard work, throughout the year, but, in the end, it pays off.  At the state competition, I won four gold medals (one in each of my events).  My team also won state, and now we get to go to Nationals.  Nationals is in Bloomington, Indiana, this year.  My team gets to fly out tomorrow morning, and I can’t wait to go.  It is always fun because, not only do I get to compete and interact with others from all of the states, but I also get to be with my friends while I do it.  In the past, I have not done as well I hoped.  In seventh grade, I was sixth place in an orienteering event.  Sadly, though, it was only a trial event, and I didn’t get a medal (at nationals, the top six places get one).  In other years, the best I have done is fifteenth.  My goal this year to get any medal.  I honestly don’t care what it is, as long as I get one.  I know that sounds kind of bad, but I’ve been working really hard and studying a lot.   We’ll see how it goes.  

Well, I’d better get back to packing….

Wish me (I guess, us) luck!!!!!!!!!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home