Olympic Fan!

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, for the sad, old earth must borrow its mirth, but has trouble enough of its own." Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Testing

Don't you absolutely hate it when you take a test, and then in a later class period you realize you've done something wrong? That is one of the worst feelings. I did that earlier today on my my math test. I guess that I need to be more careful on those tests because it seems like I've been doing that a lot lately. I did another mistake on a different test that I had written in my notes, in capital letters, not to do. I guess that's just me not being careful, though, but those things quickly kill your grades! Well, back to today: I realized I had mistaken a minus sign for something else, and I messed up the whole problem. The worst part is not knowing how much the teacher will take off, because it never seems that teachers grade things fast enough. I know, it takes a lot of time and they're doing it for 200 students sometimes, but I can't help being anxious about it. I really shouldn't be talking about this, because I usually do fine on tests, but it's just really bugging me that I've been doing this in math. Honestly, all I want is my test back!

I can't believe the amount of homework I've been getting lately! It's like the teachers decided to triple it because we're "in ninth grade and high schoolers now." What's up with one of my teachers wanting two current events each week?? Then we have to come up with a word we don't know, but sometimes it's really hard to find, because I read somewhere that newspapers have to be written on a 6th grade reading level. Basically how I do it is have my mom go through and quiz me on all of the big words, and I choose the one I know the least about. Then it seems like they can't give us enough science homework! Every night I have something, or multiple somethings, to do. I really like doing math homework, though. I'm getting all of the things this year, and I get to use my sweet calculator!! I love that thing so much. My favorite thing to do (since I don't have any games on it, yet) is write long messages to myself. Another thing I figured out was this odd probability thing, and you can roll dice, or draw cards, or spin a spinner, or whatever, and I race my family because we all choose a different number or item. I guess that sounds really weird, but it's fun. The only downside to the math is that it takes hours to get it done.

Now, don't get me wrong, because I love school, and I usually enjoy homework. It's just that when it gets heaped on, then it gets tiring. I'm really starting love my classes! The people in them are great and, as usual, I'm starting to like the teachers I was worried about. It's so great to be the oldest in the school. I mean, most of them time, you don't feel any different, but when you get around a bunch of little 7th graders, you feel so tall, and I'm not usually tall, so it's cool! Or when kids come up and ask me questions. I love it when they do that! I mean, no one before ever wanted to know where to pay fees, if you can go to the library at lunch, or which line has which food in it. But then, alas, we go to the high school, and we're the babies of the school again! I can't wait for real high school, though.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home